URBAN GARDENING INTERN (Part-time) June 1 to August 31, 2021
The Beet Box is looking for four (4) interns to assist in our gardens, in Southeast Seattle. Interns will work with mentors to complete garden tasks such as:
● General maintenance including weeding, watering, planting seeds & starts, and harvesting.
● Organizing shed and greenhouses as necessary.
● Packaging produce to be donated to the local community.
● Other garden tasks as determined.
● Applicants should be between the age of 16-21 years and reside in Southeast Seattle.
● Work will be completed outside rain or shine.
● No prior gardening/farming experience is necessary. We are looking for individuals
interested in healthy food, food justice, and community activism. The ideal candidate is
punctual, team-oriented, and willing to learn.
● We welcome and encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, LGBTQ+, and
people with disabilities to apply.
● Internship will run from June 1 to August 31, 2021.
● This is a paid internship requiring 4 hours per week at $15/hr. (Schedule will be
discussed with selected interns.)
● Application deadline: May 23, 2021
● Applicant interviews will be held virtually on Fridays in May.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out an application at: