Learn everything you need to successfully start your own plants from seed—indoor and out!
Through a brief talk and hands-on activity, this class will cover:
- Equipment: What you need to get started
- Soil: How to make your own seed starting mix
- Care: How to properly plant seeds and care for seedlings
- Timing: When to start seeds indoors or plant outside
Take home your own mini seed starting tray and our handy seed starting resource list!
In-Person Class Option
Sign up for a time slot on the the event page to participate in a small group class with hands-on demo! Class will be held outside in the garden with small, limited-sized groups following COVID-19 safety procedures
We are offering this class twice – you only need to sign up for one date/time:
- Saturday, March 13 @10am at New Holly Market Garden
- Thursday, March 18 @5pm at Rainier Beach Learning Garden
Virtual Class Option
Sign up to receive a recording of the demonstration and all the info you need to start your own plants from seed.
For more information, see Beet Box Event Page